Attend a seminar at St. Thomas Rutherford’s Bariatric Center. Click here for the seminar schedule.
Complete the Patient Questionnaire portion of the packet. The entire packet must be completed in full and faxed to (615) 396-5700.
Go see your medical doctor for the following:
- Physical exam and clearance for bariatric surgery
- 1 office note per year with weights for five years, depending on your insurance requirements.
- 3-6 month weight loss program with PCP or Dietitian, if required by your insurance company.
- Letter of Medical Necessity
- Lab work: CBC, CMP, Iron, Ferritin, Vitamin D, PTH
- Cardiac/Pulmonary clearance letters from specialist if this applies to you.
Schedule a Psychological and Nutritional evaluation.
Athena Consulting 615.962-9064
Elysse Beasley Senior Psychological Examiner 615.896.9160
MDLIVE Psychologist: Rolf Gordhamer, PhD
most insurance accepted or $150 cash
Attend a support group at St. Thomas Rutherford’s Bariatric Center. Dates are available online.
Contact one of the Bariatric Insurance Specialists, Amy or Misty (615.396.4965) to ensure all the necessary paperwork has been received. Once received, Susan Johnson (615.867.1940) will contact you for your consult with Dr. Rich or Dr. Westmoreland.
Once approved, the Bariatric Center will schedule a Pre-Operative class at St. Thomas Rutherford’s Bariatric Center. Someone from our office will contact you for your weigh in appointment with the surgeon.